Managing COVID-19 & Symptoms
Whilst many things can cause similar symptoms to those of COVID, if you do have a fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or loss of taste and smell we will need to reschedule your appointment and you will be asked if you have experienced any of these symptoms.
In compliance with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 we have:
- Followed cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
- Taken all reasonable steps to protect our staff at work.
- Taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the clinic’s public areas.
- We have done everything practical to manage transmission risk where people cannot be 2m apart.
Arriving at the Clinic
Please note the following:
- You will need to be wearing a mask / covering of your mouth and nose (or one will be provided for you).
- Patients will be required to wash their hands on entry.
- Practitioners will be using disposable PPE.
- Your therapist will end the consultation promptly in order to assist you to leave the clinic before the next patient arrives and to enable us to sanities the clinic thoroughly.
When not to attend
- If you have symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID in the last 14 days.
- If you have been notified by the NHS Track & Trace system that you are are required to self-isolate.